Thursday, July 01, 2010

newish

New-ish, recently abandoned, but currently revived blog, and new beginnings.

I feel really inspired lately and it's really refreshing. I haven't felt inspired since... probably the first semester of my senior year in college (which wasn't even a year ago, but still). I can't quite figure out what sparked this seemingly out-of-nowhere alteration, but I have a feeling I know of a few coincidences that could add up to a new-found inspiration. It might be because I've been surfing around etsy a lot lately, and possibly due to my new infatuation with abbytryagain. I love that blog, I want one just like it. She shoots exclusively in film, which makes me want to shoot more film too. Her photos have that character that only photos taken on film can produce.

I get paid tomorrow, I'm ordering film, all kinds of film.

I have an Argoflex TLR medium format camera that I got from a thrift store not too long ago that I've been itchin' to try out. I wish we had more camera stores around here so I wouldn't have to wait 4 days for film. But it's worth waiting for film that's not only better, but cheaper.

Not to mention, I think I'm going to set up my darkroom soon. I finally found a place for it at my parents' house.


In other news, I ordered this bag and this necklace from etsy earlier this week! I can't wait for them to come in :]


♥ carol anne

0 comments: