Saturday, September 10, 2011

books & a fall tease

DSC_0171 DSC_0172 DSC_0174

Chris and I (and Fish) are having a lovely lazy Saturday. We went to the library across the street to check out their book sale, and we walked away with five books for five bucks! Can you guess which ones are mine? Yes, the two halloween children's books, and the collection of 50 horror stories. I absolutely love Halloween, and every aspect of it. I even love the cheesy little children's ghost stories and yes, I did buy those for myself. Ha, I'm still such a kid at heart.

After the torrential downpour that was Labor Day Weekend (thanks to tropical storm Lee), Fall seems to be cautiously creeping into the weather forecast... which makes me so incredibly excited! It's still been in the upper 80's/low 90's, but the humidity has been so low it's almost unbelievable. It's the kind of weather that I roll my car windows down for, open the sunroof, open windows in the house for, exercise outside and momentarily wish I had a job where I worked outside all day... or at the very least to have a window in my office.

I've already been buying Halloween decorations, fall-scented candles (I'm currently burning a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin mini candle and Autumn oil from Bath & Body Works... yes, at the same time, in the same room... while I also have a Leaves-scented wallflower... do I have a slight obsession, or what?!), and pieces of my Halloween costume (it's going to be SO awesome), on top of gathering Fall-themed recipes and ghost stories to read, and I've been watching Paranormal State, Ghost Adventures, and other horror like shows on Netflix like they're going out of style.

I really wanted to make some pumpkin scones today, but neglected to pick up some real butter (real because I'm a good little dieter (I try atleast) and now only keep the whipped vegetable-oil stuff on hand) while at the store earlier today. I might do that tomorrow, though.

0 comments: