It's been quite a while since my last post. I have some good reasons, and then I also have none at all. For the past 2 weeks at least, I've been battling a strange virus that I thought was a sinus infection that went away for a day or two, came back as an allergy attack, then morphed into a crazy rash. Ugh. Why can't I just get the flu and be done with it?! Ha. I was freaking out when I started breaking out in the rash this past Wednesday... I thought I was having an allergic reaction, so I left work to go to an urgent care clinic where the doc-in-a-box was completely dumbfounded by my condition, worrying me even more. So I called my mom, talked to my allergist, arranged an appointment, and drove an hour away back to Mobile to figure out what the hell was going on. Turned out that the sinus infection I thought I had a week ago, was actually a virus, which was subsequently causing the rash. Phew. I always have the weirdest things happen to me! The rash is finally almost gone, so I can stop wearing thick leggings in this 90° heat.
In other news, I got my nose pierced yesterday!
It was totally on a whim, but I have been thinking about getting it done for a long time now. I talked to a friend who has had hers done and she gave me no reason not to, so I did! It hurt and my eyes watered like no tomorrow. My pain tolerance has definitely decreased since the last time I had anything pierced about 5 years ago. I'm getting old!
SO anyway, to recap my goals from July:
1. lose 5lbs (get down to 155lbs)
I guess I'll count this one as being done? I actually lost the 5lbs, but thanks to the sickness/medicine, I gained 10lbs of water weight, basically overnight. UGH.
2. blog 3x a week (12 times for the month)
3. no bingeing (especially with Chris' birthday and the 4th this month, it'll be difficult)PASS! Even though I didn't eat perfectly and I did gain that water weight, I still kept my eating under control and did eat out of boredom when I wasn't hungry!
4. sketch/brainstorm more ideas for an etsy store (come up with a name)
5. set date to open said etsy store
also, FAIL. Being sick made me just feel like laying on the couch and watching Netflix.
6. bake something yummy (healthy a plus!) at least twice
PASS! I baked a strawberry/blueberry trifle for the 4th, and cakepops for Christopher's birthday!
7. explore a new part of town
PASS! Chris took me to see a part of town that his extended family has some land, etc. and saw a creepy graveyard.
8. pay off credit card
eee, FAIL. I actually added some more to it... oops.
9. work with Chris on doing our first screen-print
FAIL. Partly because we still need to get the rest of his stuff from his parents' house.
10. no "new" clothes (thrifting/etsy okay, in moderation)
PASS! I actually only bought a purse from the thrift store at the beginning of the month, and nothing since then! (but boy do I have some things lined up come tomorrow!)
GOALS FOR AUGUST
I'm going to take it easy on myself this time and focus on only 5 goals, since I definitely failed at least five.
1. pay off credit card
2. lose 5lbs. (I'm going to use this as an umbrella goal and include 'no bingeing')
3. blog 3x a week
4. visit Mobile (this time not for a rash, haha)
5. get at least halfway through my current book (it's pretty big)
I think I can handle that. I just told my mom that I got my nose pierced, so she's freaking out, but maybe it won't be so bad once she sees how cute it is :]