Sunday, January 15, 2012

the helm: restoration

I haven't been very good at blogging 3 times a week, but at least I'm still clocking in at once a week! I really don't have an excuse except for the fact that I've been feeling a little fat and blah lately, and so I don't feel like have my picture taken. And honestly, I haven't had much going on to blog about! Except for my first ever art show this past Friday! So that's kind of a big deal.






(In case you're wondering, that's me! So not only did I have work in the show, I was also a model of sorts!)



(That's my friend/coworker, Jerika, and some of her friends, all modeling more of her gorgeous hats!)


(Doing our "serious artist" face)



(Posing in front of my photos! They were all taken & edited with my iPhone!)


(Me with my fellow-photog-friend, Alan)


(Me and my BFF-artist-in-crime, Riley. He was the one who put the WHOLE thing together! And he also did the portrait of me from above. There were portraits of each artist in the show that lined the walls, all connected with quotes of inspiration and yarn! So creative)


(My friend, Cynthia. She was a huge help to Riley putting The Helm together. She's also an awesome photographer!)


(Christopher! ♥ he was such a good holder-of-things-that-wouldn't-fit-in-my-pockets-b/c-I-refused-to-carry-my-purse and a good photo-taker and all-around good sport for the night!)



(the beautiful, Michelle, another BFF)





(We then went to the Alabama Music Box after we ate dinner @ Hopjack's, and watched Givers play!)





All-in-all, it was a really great night. I hung out with a lot of people that I don't get to see very often, and it felt really good to see everyone come and support me and the other artists in the show. I get really lonely over here where my only friends are coworkers and Chris. And even then, Jerika is really the only one I feel like I can really count on for friendship at the moment. None of my other coworkers came to my show! Even though they told me they would... I feel let down because it seems like something that meant so much to me didn't mean anything to them, but I know I shouldn't put that much thought into it. It hurts but it just goes to show that your true friends show up for you when you need them most, and the others can't be called more that close acquaintances. It's so frustrating sometimes to think that you're making head-way with new friends only to be let down. I just want to make some more friends that I can count on! But I still can't forget the friends that DID show up, and for that, I couldn't be more grateful.

Anyway, I wish I'd taken some more outfit shots, but really, you're only missing the shoes. Wait, the shoes are almost always the most important part! So for that, I'm sorry you're missing the shoes, because trust, they are FINE. And quite possibly my new favs. I'll make it up to you this week I swear!




top: urban outfitters
skirt/shoes: target
necklace: gift from Chris
tights: tj maxx
coat/ring: forever 21


0 comments: