Thursday, June 30, 2011

a fresh perspective

DSC_0005
DSC_0012
DSC_0016
DSC_0019
DSC_0020
DSC_0024
DSC_0029
DSC_0028
DSC_0030
DSC_0036
DSC_0034

skirt/cardi: gap
top: ann taylor loft
oxfords/belt: urban outfitters
headband: banana republic outlet
ring: vintage
necklace: etsy via cheep! cheep!


This outfit is so strange to me. I (as usual) came up with this idea whilst drifting off into dreamland last night and thought to myself that I must be crazy, but also that it might just be crazy enough to work, and so it did. I wouldn't normally put purple and green together like this, but for some reason it seems to work. And this skirt has always been an issue for me... I still don't know why I even bought it! I think I was in that omg-I've-lost-weight-so-I-buy-anything-and-everything-that-fits phase a few years ago when it happened. Either way, I think I finally, finally found out how to wear it so it looks good on me!

Furthermore, I'm so glad this week is over! Well, after tomorrow anyway. I love three-day weekends! I have a big strawberry, blueberry, patriotic trifle to make for the 4th of July get-together at my parents' house and I can't wait to see how it turns out! I've only made a trifle once before, but it's so hard to mess up I'm almsot certain it'll turn out okay. As long as your mixing strawberries, blueberries, cool whip, pudding, and strawberry cake together, you can't go wrong. It may not look as pretty as I want it to, but at least it'll taste good, and that's all that matters. What're your Independence Day plans?

1 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Girl I love that hair! I've been wanting to do something exactly like that with mine but since I swim every week in the summer it doesn't make sense. :(