Wednesday, April 06, 2011

the grass is always greener

DSC_0040

This is my second time wearing this skirt, first time posting. Can you believe these used to be shorts?! I bought these on clearance @ Charlotte Russe for maybe $4, took them home and just cut the crotch out! They were really billow-y shorts and looked terrible on my short frame as-is. I'm still not sure if they were shorts trying to pull off the billow-y look that's trending right now, (see this and this) or if they were meant to be pajama shorts.

DSC_0015
DSC_0011
DSC_0048


sweater: forever 21
skirt/shoes: charlotte russe
brooch: antique
ring: gift


DSC_0016
DSC_0051
DSC_0050

I wish I had remembered to take more photos of this, my favorite owl brooch. My mom got it on one of her antique show hunts and gave it to me for my birthday. The neat thing about it is, you can lift up the owl's little stomach, and it has a little circle filled with this wax-y stuff that looked a lot like the finger chapstick tins. Apparently, you put a little wax circle of fragrance in there, and you had it with you all day to re-apply when needed! It actually still has some fragrance wax in it, but it smells just like old ladies... or if you're familiar with the Butterfly Flower scent from Bath & Body Works... it smells just like that!

3 comments:

gee said... [Reply to comment]

i love that you made a skirt out of shorts! :)
how perfect.
you and your pictures look beautiful.
i am having a whole lot of envy over your amazing hair!
have a wonderful rest of the week..!
xoox

Off Label Mama said... [Reply to comment]

What a GREAT idea! If I see a pair of short like this, I just might copy! And I LOVE your owl brooch. It's adorable and so vintagey!

Tess Atkinson said... [Reply to comment]

Lovely photograph :) x