Sunday, May 05, 2013
I want to take this blog into a different direction. I still want to do outfit posts, but since I could use a therapeutic and creative outlet, I'm going to also focus on being healthier and happier. So I'm going to use this blog to document my path to happiness and contentment. Hopefully it can be a reminder of where I came from and the struggle it took to get there. I started a new approach to some things at the first of the month, so it would've been ideal to refresh my blog then, but 5 days in is still pretty good. I've made out some goals for May, but they really apply to my life from now on.
1. lose 7 lbs (already down 1!)
2. buy no clothes (already failed that one!)
3. do more freelance
4. get serious about clean eating/meal plans/meal prep
5. be more responsible about daily chores
6. no eating out unless it's healthy (already failed that one too!)
7. gym 5 days/week (went 4 last week)
8. only pay for things with cash/debit, no credit (failed that too)
9. only clear alcohol/wine, sparingly
10. read The Great Gatsby again before seeing the movie
11. brush n' floss regularly! (failed so far)
12. bring lunch to work
13. get to bed by 11pm
14. plant my garden
15. keep track of bills
16. sell clothes & things on eBay
That's a pretty big list... but then again, some of those things are permanent changes I want to make. I also think I'll start blogging just about every day with a recap of what I ate, and how I felt... that should help keep me accountable. Starting with ugh... today I guess. I'm trying to hit about 1360 calories a day. I'm using My Fitness Pal to track my calorie intake, etc. and if you want to follow me my profile can be found here.
Breakfast — 338
Instant oatmeal with a tbsp of Bee's Knees Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter, half a banana, and a cup of coffee with 6 tbsp of Silk soy creamer.
Lunch — 180
Muscle Milk peanut butter protein powder mixed with half a cup of Silk light soy milk and 3/4 cup of water
Dinner — 800
2 slices of leftover Papa John's pizza with onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and pepperoni and half an order of fries from Ruby Tuesday that my mom dropped off for me (I just can't say no to free french fries)
Not bad for eating pizza AND french fries in one day... I might have a glass of wine later which would bring me up to 1418 but we'll see. I'm going to start including pictures/recipes of what I eat too.
posted by Carol Anne Solberger at 5/05/2013 07:52:00 PM