Monday, March 07, 2011

stripes & lace

DSC_0004

I was so excited about today's outfit! For three reasons, actually: it was magically cold this morning so I got to whip out some tights; I wore my new heels; and I wore my new cardigan! I was so thrilled to see the temperature at 40° when I woke up! I really love chilly weather, and even though it was beautiful and warm outside this past weekend, I was a little sad that (I thought) I wasn't going to see cold weather again until December!

DSC_0005
DSC_0010
DSC_0039


dress: urban outfitters
tights, gold rings: forever 21
shoes, cardigan: tj maxx
necklace: modcloth
flower ring: antique


DSC_0028

Did I mention how much a love these heels? I was originally drooling over these heels from modcloth, but $65 +shipping was a little steep for me at the moment. Sooo I told myself that I would go shopping locally this weekend, and if I didn't find any similar, I would bite the bullet and get them. And wouldn't you know, I went into TJ Maxx to get some housewares and other junk and decided to browse the shoe isle when I found these! They were only $35! I was so excited! I then walked around and found this cardigan, along with a really pretty champagne-color silky-looking tiered skirt.

DSC_0032
DSC_0014

All that successful shopping at TJ Maxx followed an equally successful trip to the antique store where I found a Kodak Instamatic camera and a book of photos from LA crime scenes! The Instamatic even had a roll of film in it! Never used! It's probably expired, but I figured, what the heck, I'll use it up anyway.

Mardi Gras is tomorrow in my neck of the woods, but since the boyfriend has to work (sucks!) I'm going to Mobile for my day off. Although, I'm probably going to go shopping for a dress to wear to a friend's wedding on Saturday and hang out with my mom rather than go to the parades. Anyhow, happy Mardi Gras!

0 comments: